Download and Try Syspeace
Use Syspeace’s Intrusion Detection System as a free trial download for 30 days
You can start using Syspeace immediately for free for a 30-day free trial. To continue using Syspeace beyond the free trial, you need to purchase a license to cover the computers you use Syspeace on.
Download Syspeace 2.7.2
Syspeace is available for x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit) architectures. Windows Server 2003 requires a separate version. Please download the appropriate version for your system.
Getting started quickly with Syspeace
For a Syspeace free trial follow these simple steps:
- Ensure that your server fits the system requirements. We only support Syspeace for Windows Server.
- Download the version of Syspeace appropriate for your server. Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2 and 2008 may be 32-bit or 64-bit and all newer Windows Server versions are 64-bit. Itanium is not supported.
- Enable logon events auditing in your local security policy to allow Syspeace to know about failed Windows login attempts. (Servers joined to domains may need to receive a group policy instead).
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open Administrative Tools.
- Open Local Security Policy.
- In the tree to the left, select Security Settings → Local Policies → Audit Policy
- In the list to the right, double click Audit logon events.
- Check the Success and Failure checkboxes.
- Install Syspeace using the downloaded setup.exe.
- Launch Syspeace and register a new Syspeace account.
- You will receive the license key in an email sent to your Syspeace account’s email address. Enter the license key into Syspeace.
- Syspeace will now start protecting your server.
Now that you have started…
- By default, you will see some current blocks from our global blacklist, informed by blocking behavior from other Syspeace clients worldwide.
- Look through the options in Settings to adjust the level and approach to blocking. Syspeace has good rules out of the box but security is increased when you tune the rules to your scenarios.
- For any further questions and instructions, consult the Syspeace manual. It contains detailed information about how rules, blocking and licensing works and discusses every element of the user interface.